Monday, July 13, 2015

New Beginnings!

Its been a bit over a year since my last post.  I can't believe all the changes that have occurred.  Most for the better.

All my precious chickens are in other homes now.  (Had to place them in order to get the rental home ready for viewing, or so I thought.  At any rate... I no longer have "my girls" and I do miss them terribly.)  















I started packing up the house 6 months in advance of our projected move. (I succeeded in getting everything packed.... just not everything made it with us.  Our move consisted of 2 - 26 foot trucks with daughter #4 driving my Excursion and leaving her own car in Colorado, to be picked up later.  After the movers loaded everything they could into the two trucks we were scrambling to store the remainder somewhere!, anywhere!, we could.  So on June 13th, 2015 we drove out of  Colorado in 3 trucks with 8 people (as we brought our beloved Sydni with us.  We weren't ready to leave her just yet!), 4 dogs and one very cranky Lovebird.)

We found a new home for our brood that, I think, fits us nicely, in a little town, outside of the Dallas area.  I love that I drive through the "country" to get home from shopping in nearby larger towns.  We're enjoying dreaming of all the decorating (and making this home ours) we'd like to do in the house and will be starting some very shortly.  But I'm learning that a little decorating at a time, will make the fun last just that much longer.  So I've pulled back on all the projects and have decided to paint Olivia (orange, yellow and hot pink walls) and Jolie's rooms as the first projects.  I cancelled all the other paint and will try to do just one project
every month or two.  The next project will be getting the exterior of the house painted and ready for the winter.  Definitely don't want leaks at that time of year.  Amazingly, for a house this size, there is little to no storage space in the powder baths or "game room" area.  So we need to construct shelving.  We'll be starting in the main level powder bath.  I really want to do the floating shelves in there and keep with the open appearance of that room.   I think I'll stop here for the ideas.  Those projects will make good reading material down the road and probably show just how rusty we are with DIY's.

David is still commuting for his job.  Just now its between California and Texas.  The drive to the airport is shorter for us now, just not as pretty, and a whole lot more crowded! :)  I used to enjoy the drive to DIA on Hwy. 83 from Colorado Springs. 

So for now we're still adjusting to being Texans, again for some of us, and for the rest of us..... well we're lovin' the air-conditioners!

1 comment:

Jay said...

We can't wait to see the new house!!!